1)Methyl Malonic aciduria is associated with vitamin B6/ B12 deficiency.
2) Glycogen synthesis/ degradation requires Vitamin B6.
3) Carboxylation/ Decarboxylation reactions require Biotin.
4) In Vitamin B12 deficiency Folate is trapped in the demethylated/methylated form.
5) The coenzyme form of pyridoxine is Pyridoxal phosphate/Pyridoxol phosphate.
6) Hydroxylation/ Dehydrogenation reactions require riboflavin.
7) Pellagra is associated with deficiency of B1/ B3.
8) The Dehydro/ Hydroxylated form is the active form of ascorbic acid.
9) Methotrexate competitively inhibits synthesis of reduced form of Niacin/ Folic acid.
10) Xanthurenic acid test is for the assessment of B6/ Folic acid deficiency
11) Intrinsic factor is required for the absorption of vitamin B6/B12
12) Menadione / Menaquinone is a synthetic form of vitamin K
13) Carboxylation/ Decarboxylation reactions require B6.
14) The absorbable form of Thiamine is Free Thiamine/TPP
15) Hydroxylation/ Dehydrogenation reactions require Ascorbic acid.
16) Pellagra is precipitated by the deficiency of B1/B6.
17) The Dehydro/ Reduced form is the active form of Folic acid.
18) Alcohol inhibits the absorption of Thiamine/vitamin A.
19) Histidine loading test is for the assessment of B6/ Folic acid deficiency
20) Achlorhydria can cause vitamin B6/ B12 deficiency
21) Heme synthesis/ degradation requires VitaminB6
22) Carboxylation of Glutamic acid residues requires vitamin K/Biotin during the process of coagulation.
23) Reduction / Dehydrogenation reactions require NADPH
24) Lactic acidosis is associated with deficiency of B1/ B3.
25) “Burning feet syndrome” is a feature of niacin/Pantothenic acid deficiency.
26) Sulphonamides competitively inhibit synthesis of Niacin/Folic acid.
27) Retinol/ retinoic acid is required for the regulation of gene expression and tissue differentiation.
28) 11-cisRetinal/11-cis Retinol is required for vision.
Q.B- Name the coenzyme for each of the following reactions-
6) Glutamicacid————————->.Gamma Carboxy Glutamic acid
8)Glutamate——————————–>Alpha keto glutarate.
(NAD+ or NADP+)
(Pyridoxal phosphate-B6 P)
(Vitamin B12 and Folic acid)
12) L- Methyl Malonyl coA————> Succinyl co A.
------------------------------------------ Best Wishes: Dr.Ehab Aboueladab, Tel:01007834123 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com ------------------------------------------